Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lesson 1 in the Year of the Dog

When you heard the confession from Tiger Woods what was your reaction? Did you react as the media did with cynicism that he only said what he did because he got caught and he cried crocodile tears oly because of all the money he is losing?
That was my first reaction and then I was reminded by my master that he shows me grace and forgives me when I ask even though he knows I may disappoint him again. He also reminded me that I am not the judge "Judge not, lest you be judged." and "He who has no sin let him cast the first stone". Sometimes we need to be tapped on the head (quite hard at times) and reminded about the grace that has been shown to us.
Then a short time after that I once again judged someone close to me without knowing that persons heart. It is not my business to judge anyone!!
My master Jesus only asks me to love as he loves and leave the judging up to him. It is a hard thing to remember and I wonder why when I am loved so much and shown so much grace.
Tiger will have to answer for his own deeds (they are not worse than mine in God's eyes) and after a sharp reminder from my master I choose to love him and pray for him as well as the friend in my own orbit.
Now I will curl up in my masters lap thankful for his grace and his gentle reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment