Saturday, January 9, 2010

THE YEAR OF THE DOG

Ke, my young Chinese friend told me it is the year of the Tiger in China.
It made me wonder what could be my symbol this year.

The Skunk? It stinks.
- I could certainly identify being this is my 70th year on this earth
The Bear? Cranky. Cuddly.
- not me
The Lion? Roaring around seeing whom it can devour?
- nope, don’t relate
The Moose? Big, ugly, clumsy
- not what I am aiming for
The Coyote? Sly and sneaky?
- no, my life is an open book
The wolf? Howling at the moon?
- sometimes I howl at things that cannot be changed
The Dog? Sometimes restless, sometimes content
- yep, that’s more like me
It is THE YEAR OF THE DOG for me

What is it that makes a good Dog?
Being present, near
Obedience
Serving
Adoring
A Companion



THE YEAR OF THE DOG!
I will lie down in peace at my masters feet
- content just to be
I will run back and forth and pace
- restless, wanting to be more , do more
- unhappy in my circumstances
- not happy with the status quo
I will be faithful
- my master is always faithful to me
I will be needy at times
- needing to sit on my masters lap, be held, loved and comforted
I will yelp
- I will be hurt at times
I will growl and maybe even bite
- I will need restraining
I will need discipline
- I know this from past years
- it will be painful, but necessary
I will protect my master
- this is a given because he is the ultimate master
- how can I do less
I will serve my master
- will bring his slippers
- will feed, comfort and clothe his subjects
I will walk with my master
- be a companion

No comments:

Post a Comment